Monday, May 9, 2011

Fetal Heart Sounds and our Fake Baby Name

Today we had our unofficial second appointment just to be able to hear the fetal heartbeat.  After a few minutes of poking and prodding, we heard it!  The heartbeat was very clear, and about 150 beats per minute (typical of this stage).  We are now 12 weeks along, and finishing the first trimester.  That means the queasy stomach and fatigue should ease soon! We won't have the ultrasound to find out the sex for a couple more months, probably early July. 

Lots of people want to know what names we are considering, if any.  To be honest, we haven't even thought about it yet!  While playing trivial pursuit a few weeks ago, Nick asked me a question about a duo of brothers (probably the ominous pink category, which is always most difficult).  I had no idea what the answer was, so I made up some names: Rickshaw and Henry Snow.  We both laughed quite a bit at the name 'Rickshaw,' and how funny it would be to give that name to a baby.  After that we started to refer to the baby as Rickshaw, and so far it has stuck.  Remember, it's just a fake name!  Coincidentally, while talking to Jill, she mentioned that a restaurant just opened up near her office: Rickshaw Dumplings.  Fate?

2 comments:

  1. Dear baby,
    If you think I'm not calling you dumpling your whole life, you've got a lot to learn about the family you're joining. To be expected, I suppose.
    Love,
    Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the baby was going to be named Ana if it's a girl or William if it's a boy! Although I wouldn't mind calling him or her dumpling, either :-)

    ReplyDelete