Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pregnancy Symptoms, or "How are you feeling?"

Lots of people ask me this -- it's nice to know that people care how I am feeling, even they proceed to tell me about their neighbor/sister/daughter/dog right after that.

I am now considered "full term," which means I can safely deliver any time in the next 5 weeks.  The last safe day is December 3rd, but I really hope it's before that! I thought I would write a short post about my pregnancy symptoms overall, and my current stats.  


Here have been by symptoms thus far, and when they happened:
Weeks 6-12: Nausea, needing to eat frequently, fatigue
Week 13: Vomited once after standing up really fast.
Week 20: Ultrasound, all healthy.
Week 21: Vomited once.
Weeks 25-29: Started showing quickly!
Week 27: Quickening!  Feeling lots of flutters.

Week 34: Swelling in my feet, goes away at night.  Fatigue. Waking up 4-6 times per night.  Lots of motion!  Little baby feet all over the place. She is head down.

Week 36: Infrequent indigestion, throat tightness.
Week 37: More swelling, fatigue. Still waking up a lot. Less kicking, more wiggling.
Weeks 37-38: Tingling and pain in hands & forearms - "pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel"


Overall I think I've had it pretty easy, which I'm very thankful for.  I'm still at work, and even preparing for a big visit on Nov. 10th by industry grant sponsors.  Send more good wishes my way!

As of now (37 weeks, 3 days) I am up about 37 lbs, and none of my pants stay up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment