Tuesday, November 8, 2011

We're in the "Due Month"!

I've officially got 12 days until my due date, but I'm a few days into my "due month," as the midwife likes to say.  I had read online that first-time mothers are usually an average of 5 days overdue, but the today June said in the US, nationally, the average is 10 days overdue.  Yikes!  So if our baby is in the majority statistically, she'll come around Nov. 30th.  Just typing that makes my back ache :)

The good news is that we had our weekly appointment this morning, and everything is on track.  June estimates a baby size right now of about 6.5 pounds, with something around 7.5 at birth.  Not bad! 

The lovely ladies at Campus Church threw me a shower last weekend, and we got lots of great things, including diapers, clothing, a breast pump, and a sort of hiking carrier by Kelty.  Very cool! 
Thanks Marilyn and Shelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment